HR – Substitute Teaching
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching for MSD Washington Township. Substitute teachers are an integral part of the student learning process. Responsible, dedicated, compassionate individuals who share a passion for teaching and learning are encouraged to substitute teach in the district. The current pay for substitute teachers is $70 per day.
GET STARTED: The first step in becoming a substitute teacher is to complete the online application
*Please Note: Include a valid email address in your application. If your application is being considered, you will be notified by email of upcoming interview & training sessions.
Pending a successful reference and background check and the completion of an employment packet issued at the training session, you will be entered into our SubFinder system to begin substitute teaching. At the time of training, the following documentation will also be required.
- 60+ credit hours from an accredited college or university. A copy of a diploma or original transcripts will be required for verification.
- A Substitute Teacher Permit or valid Indiana Teaching License/Certificate. If needed, instructions will be given at the training session on the process to obtain the permit.
- Two pieces of ID to verify employment eligibility, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, social security card, or a current passport.
- SafeHiring nationwide background check . Instructions will be given at the training session on this online process which will require a debit or credit card. The cost is $35.
SubFinder automates our employee absences, substitute placement and reporting tasks. SubFinder calls substitutes to offer substitute positions. Using a touch-tone telephone, substitutes may accept positions, search for available jobs, and make changes to their personal information. Subfinder is also accessed online via a simple and secure web browser.
- Instructions for substitute teachers on the use of the online Subfinder System
- Instructions for substitute teachers on the use of the telephone Subfinder System
- School Locations and Contacts
- 2013-2014 Calendar
- 2013-2014 Substitute Teacher Pay Schedule
- Resource Sites for Substitute Teachers
Questions? Please contact Mary Martin, Subfinder Coordinator, at su.ni1398338063.21k.1398338063twdsm1398338063@nitr1398338063amm1398338063 .