Retiring Director Awarded

This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant

Retiring Transportation Director, Mrs. Lynn Hower, won the Richard Pea Award at the 2013 School Transportation Association of Indiana Annual Conference held in French Lick on June 19-21.  

The Washington Township Transportation Department staff contributed to her nomination with the following words:

“Lynn is one of the best leaders I’ve worked for. Lynn is an extremely talented director. She not only makes extraordinary contributions daily in her role as the Director of Washington Township Transportation, but she willingly shares her gifts, talents, keen-eye and expertise with others. Lynn exemplifies the quality of an outstanding, dedicated leader, who possesses personal integrity and a thoughtful communicative style.”

“From the time that Lynn started in Transportation, I was impressed with her drive, determination, and tenaciousness. I am pleased to say that Lynn has always exhibited superior communication skills and gets along well with Staff and Administration.”

“Lynn Hower is one of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to work with and it is my privilege to nominate her for the Richard Pea Award.”

Congratulations Lynn Hower! Thank you for your service to Washington Township!

Retiring Transportation Director, Lynn Hower accepts the Richard Pea Award.