If you have not yet had the opportunity to review this survey, we are currently seeking input from all MSDWT stakeholders on two very important issues. With the 2019-2020 opening of an eighth District elementary school, and due to the need to address the current imbalance of student enrollment among our three middle schools, the District must adjust the K-8 attendance boundaries for all District elementary and middle schools.
Additionally, over the past two years, the District has been investigating potential changes to the start and end times of our schools. In order to align with current research, a change to start and end times would also alter the current order of our schools (high school/elementary school/middle school).
Both of these important issues are complex and involve many variables. We have created a webpage that includes detailed information. At the webpage link below, you will find:
• a presentation outlining information about the Enrollment Rebalancing process;
• a link to an interactive map which allows you to click on or type in an address to see the attendance boundary of that address for each option;
• a presentation outlining information about the school start and end times;
• articles outlining current research regarding school start and end times;
• a link to a brief survey.
The survey will close Dec. 3