District Updates & Reminders
To: WT Families
Cc: WT Staff
From: District Leadership
Re: District Updates & Reminders
Date: October 2, 2020
Please watch this video update from Superintendent Dr. Woodson as we prepare for Fall Break next week and for the gradual reopening of schools starting October 12.
Below are important reminders as we prepare for the gradual reopening of Washington Township Schools. Please note that much of this information is a recap from last week’s communication. You can find last week’s full communication here.
Reopening of Schools
● We can’t wait to see our students in Grades K-2 on October 12 if they chose in-person learning! Students who are attending in-person will come to school 5 days a week.
● Students in Grades 3-5 will return to school on October 19 if they chose in-person learning. Students who are attending in-person will come to school 5 days a week.
● Please remember that due to staffing and logistics, your choice for virtual or in-person learning is a commitment until winter break.
● Students in grades 6-12 will return on October 19 if they chose in-person learning, following a hybrid model.
○ Students with last names A-K will attend school on RED days (Tuesday/Wednesdays) most weeks.
○ Students with last names L-Z will attend school on BLACK days (Thursdays/Fridays) most weeks.
○ All students in grades 6-12 will remain virtual on Mondays most weeks.
For those who chose busing for your child’s in-person schooling:
● Grades K-2 – starting October 12
○ Some minor changes have taken place with route times. Please view your updated route information on your student’s Skyward information page.
● Grades 3-12 – starting October 19
○ Student bus route information will be available for viewing on your student’s Skyward information page beginning Friday, October 2, 2020.
●The App Here Comes the Bus will also be utilized this school year to assist with bus arrival to your location.
● Please remember masks must be worn by all students while riding the bus and on school property unless students have an exemption card.
● If you have further questions or need a change regarding your child’s transportation, please call the Transportation Dept. at 317-254-5510. Please allow 5 business days for changes to be put in place.
If you have received notification from the District that your child’s immunizations are not updated please make sure this is completed ASAP. You will have until October 12, 2020 to provide the school vaccination documentation or complete and submit the medical vaccine exemption form signed by a physician or the religious exemption form to be completed each school year. Students who do not have the required immunization(s) or exemption form completed and turned in to their school will not be permitted to remain in school beginning October 19, 2020.
Beginning Monday, October 12, (after Fall Break) through Thursday, October 15 FREE Breakfast and Lunch Meal Packs will continue for all Washington Township students still enrolled in the Full-Time Virtual Learning Academy. These Meal Packs will be available curbside at all schools on Monday and Thursday from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. An evening curbside pickup option is also available by pre-order only through MyPaymentsPlus.
Students returning to school for in-person learning, breakfast and lunch will be available at your school at NO COST. The USDA has approved a nationwide emergency waiver due to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic that allows ALL students to receive FREE breakfast and lunch. The USDA waiver will be in effect until December 31 or until USDA funds run out (whichever is first). Once the waiver or funds expire, breakfast and lunch meals will return to the normal posted prices.
Beginning Monday, October 19, meals will continue to be available for students enrolled in the Full-Time Virtual Learning Academy and Hybrid Learning. For information regarding these meal distribution opportunities please visit the Child Nutrition Website.