Based on guidance from the Marion County Public Health Department, Washington Township Schools will return to in-person learning starting Tuesday, Jan. 19.
Virtual Academy students continue virtually per individual school instructions.
Students in Grades Pre-K–5 return for full in-person learning.
Students in Grades 6–12 return on the hybrid schedule, if they chose in-person learning.
• Students with last names A-K will attend school on RED days (Tuesday/Wednesdays) most weeks.
• Students with last names L-Z will attend school on BLACK days (Thursdays/Fridays) most weeks.
• All students in grades 6-12 will remain virtual on Mondays most weeks.
For those who chose bus transportation for your child’s in-person schooling:
Student bus route information is available for viewing on your student’s Skyward information page.
●The App Here Comes the Bus will also continue to be utilized to assist with bus arrival to your location.
● Please remember masks must be worn by all students while riding the bus and on school property unless students have an exemption card.
● If you have further questions or need a change regarding your child’s transportation, please call the Transportation Dept. at 317-254-5510. Please allow 5 business days for changes to be put in place.
Students returning to school for in-person learning on January 19 can receive a breakfast and lunch each day at NO COST. Menus are posted on the Child Nutrition Website.
Virtual Learning Academy Meal Packs
On Tuesday, January 19 a four (4) day meal pack will be available at NO COST for students enrolled in the Full-Time Virtual Learning Academy by PRE-ORDER only. On Monday, January 25 the five (5) day meal pack will resume by PRE-ORDER only. To receive meals a parent/guardian must complete the Virtual Learning Academy Meal Pack Request Form under the Events & Activities tab at www.MyPaymentsPlus.com. Orders must be placed by 1:00 pm each Friday.
Hybrid Learners – Secondary Students Only (grades 6-12)
On Tuesday, January 19, a two (2) day meal pack will be available at NO COST for secondary students by PRE-ORDER only. On Monday, January 25 the three (3) day hybrid meal pack will resume by PRE-ORDER only. To receive meals a parent/guardian must complete the Hybrid Meal Pack Request Form under the Events & Activities tab at www.MyPaymentsPlus.com. Orders must be placed by 1:00 pm each Friday.
For additional details and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit: https://www.msdwt.k12.in.us/covid-plan/