While we celebrate Black History Month, we are committed to equity each day in our classrooms and in the Washington Township Schools community. That’s why in every area—from the classroom to construction projects, we demand that everyone involved in our operations be committed to equity.
Equity in the Classroom
- Committed to increasing administrator, teacher and staff diversity in our schools.
- Expanded and implemented strategies to support equitable achievement for all students in the classroom and in our school environments.
- Distributed Chromebooks for use by students to ensure continued access to the classroom and teaching during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Added a Director of Equity and Inclusion to the Superintendent’s Cabinet to lead equity policy implementation in our school community.
- Our Advancement Center is funding districtwide antiracism training for staff.
- Hosted community forums to watch the nationally acclaimed documentary, “Pushout”, and collectively address racial equity efforts in schools.
- Established a Student Alliance for Equity Club to focus on social justice and creation of inclusive school environments.
- Community Coalition developed to support equity efforts for students and families.
Equity with Projects
- Record amount of spending directed to diverse suppliers working on capital projects in the District.
- Expanded commitment to workforce development to assist our students with securing good-paying jobs upon graduation.
- Construction projects of 4 new schools and 10 renovated schools thanks to the support of voters in the District.