We believe that ISTEP in its current form is not a good measure of performance. Below are a few indicators beyond ISTEP, of academic success in Washington Township during the 2015-16 school year.
- 4 out of 7 schools met proficiency in reading on NWEA
- 7 out of 7 schools met the growth target in reading on NWEA
- 5 out of 7 schools met proficiency and growth in math on NWEA
- 90% of the district has mastered their addition math facts
- 5 A ratings from the state
- Based on WIDA scores, 4 of the 7 elementary schools had an average of over 1 full level of growth.
- All three middle schools and the high school met the proficiency on NWEA
- All four secondary schools met the growth target in reading on NWEA
- All three middle schools and the high school met proficiency and growth in math on NWEA
- According to the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, North Central has the highest percentage of students enrolling in college among public high schools in Marion County as well as the lowest percentage of students in need or remedial courses at the university level