Information on COVID-19 Operations Plan:

May 09, 2021

Virtual Learning Support

School Safety & Security

The Metropolitan School District of Washington Township’s Safety and Security division promotes and sustains a safe teaching, working and learning environment that is conducive to the pursuit of exemplary achievement to the District’s students, staff and visitors. School Resource Officers work to educate students about the criminal justice system, use mediation to solve problems and act as first responders to police, fire and medical emergencies. School Resource Officers also patrol school campuses and provide traffic control and parking enforcement.


MSDWT School Resource Officers work closely with school administrators to work toward the common goal of developing students who excel academically, reason and solve problems rationally, and act responsibly by displaying good character and citizenship. They provide a police presence and security for athletic events and other school activities. School Resource Officers of the MSDWT are supplemented by part-time police officers of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Speedway Police Department, and other law enforcement agencies.


All MSDWT School Resource Officers have Basic and Advanced School Resource Officer certifications through their training with the National Association of School Resource Officers. All School Resource Officer are also trained in Crisis Intervention for Youth which improves interactions between youth with mental health needs and law enforcement.


Additional Resources:

  • Brian Clouse

    Chief of School Police/Coordinator of Safety and Security

    Mr. Clouse is a proud native of Indianapolis and was appointed Coordinator of Safety and Security for the MSDWT in June of 2010, after serving for over 26 years with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department…

  • Chris Robinson

    School Resource Officer

    School Resource Officer Chris Robinson is the Northview Middle School SRO. Officer Robinson also serves as an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Reserve in the Park Rangers division…

  • Jesse Gant

    School Resource Officer

    School Resource Officer Jesse Gant currently serves as the North Central High School SRO. Officer Gant has tremendous experience as a police officer in the educational setting; he worked as a Pike Township Police Officer for thirteen years…

  • Roosevelt Lindsey

    Lead School Resource Officer
    Lindsey SRO

    Officer Roosevelt Lindsey serves as the Lead School Resource Officer at North Central High School. Officer Lindsey has 22 years of law enforcement experience, spending 19 years with the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) Police Department. With IPS, Officer Lindsey served in a number of high schools as well as an assignment as a detective in …

No FAQs Found

SafeSchools Alert System

SafeSchools Alert is our District’s tip reporting service. Submit tips regarding bullying, intimidation, harassment, weapons, drugs, etc. Tips may be submitted anonymously.




Text or Call: 317-672-0613


MSDWT has an after-hours emergency telephone number to report the following situations:

  • open windows,
  • open doors,
  • unusual smoke,
  • unusual noise,
  • vandalism,
  • loitering,
  • the ringing of a school’s security alarm.

NOTE: This phone number is also a totally confidential means of reporting persons who have committed illegal activity on school grounds including: drug use, vandalism, violence, possession of a weapon, etc.

Translate »