MSDWT Video Playlist
Upcoming EventsApr17MonApr24Mon12:00 am Auditorium Closed Spring Play Lo...Auditorium Closed Spring Play Lo...Apr 24 @ 12:00 am – 11:59 pmEvent: Auditorium Closed Spring Play Load-Out- Lamirand (Auditorium) Location:12:00 am ISTEP Testing WindowISTEP Testing WindowApr 24 @ 12:00 am – 11:59 pmEvent: ISTEP Testing Window Location:12:00 am NON – RESIDENT & PRIVATE SCHOOL ...NON – RESIDENT & PRIVATE SCHOOL ...Apr 24 @ 12:00 am – 11:59 pmEvent: NON – RESIDENT & PRIVATE SCHOOL ENROLLMENT Location:10:30 am Golf (Boys) Marion County (Away) @ AwayGolf (Boys) Marion County (Away) @ AwayApr 24 @ 10:30 am – 11:59 pmStart Time: 10:30 AM Sport: Golf (Boys) Event: Marion County Location: Away2:50 pm Kings Court Side By Side Rehears...Kings Court Side By Side Rehears...Apr 24 @ 2:50 pm – 4:00 pmStart Time: 2:50 PM End Time: 4:00 PM Event: Kings Court Side By Side Rehearsal – Click (K211/K213) Location:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with MSDWT. A strong base of volunteers is essential to provide the necessary supports to students’ academic, social, and emotional development. While we welcome volunteers into our school community, we must also be diligent in providing a safe and secure environment for our students.
Starting July 1, 2014, additional requirements will be in effect. All requirements must be completed prior to volunteer approval. Criminal background checks are required for all volunteers, and, as in the past, the level of the required background check will differ depending on the nature of supervision a volunteer provides to our students. See below to determine which set of requirements you will need to complete.
General (Limited) Volunteer Requirements
General volunteer examples include, but are not limited to:
- Providing teachers with assistance in the classroom
- Supervising playgrounds or lunches
- Assisting at events in school such as plays, convocations, or presentations
- Assisting at events outside of school such as festivals, plays, concerts, or meetings
- Supervising or chaperoning trips that do not require overnight student participation
Volunteers must consent to a Limited Criminal History Check, by completing the Limited Criminal History Record Check (Form 8120A). Once completed, please print and return the form to your school or the front desk at the H. Dean Evans Community and Education Center (CEC).
Expanded Volunteer Requirements
- Expanded volunteer requirements apply to volunteers who could have sole care, custody, or control of students or may provide supervision of students during overnight events (either offsite or on school grounds)
These volunteers should refer to the following requirements:
Volunteers must consent to an Expanded Criminal History Check, by completing the Expanded Criminal History Record Check (Form 8120B). Once completed, please print and return the form to your school.
Resources to assist with the completion of the volunteer application are found below:
- Safe Solutions Hiring/Volunteering Site
- Safeschools Bullying Prevention Training
- Bullying FAQ for Parents/Volunteers [English]
- Bullying FAQ for Parents/Volunteers [Español]
If you need more information, please contact your school.