Thank you for your interest in volunteering with MSDWT. A strong base of volunteers is essential to provide the necessary supports to students’ academic, social, and emotional development. While we welcome volunteers into our school community, we must also be diligent in providing a safe and secure environment for our students.
Starting July 1, 2014, additional requirements will be in effect. All requirements must be completed prior to volunteer approval. Criminal background checks are required for all volunteers, and, as in the past, the level of the required background check will differ depending on the nature of supervision a volunteer provides to our students. The following sections has a set of requirements you will need to complete based on your volunteering interest(s):
General (Limited) Volunteer Requirements
General volunteer examples include, but are not limited to:
- Providing teachers with assistance in the classroom
- Supervising playgrounds or lunches
- Assisting at events in school such as plays, convocations, or presentations
- Assisting at events outside of school such as festivals, plays, concerts, or meetings
- Supervising or chaperoning trips that do not require overnight student participation
Volunteers must consent to a limited criminal history check by completing Form 8120A. Once completed, please print and return the form to your school or the front desk at the H. Dean Evans Community and Education Center (CEC).
Expanded Volunteer Requirements
Expanded volunteer examples include, but are not limited to:
- volunteers who could have sole care, custody, or control of students.
- volunteers who may provide supervision of students during overnight events (either offsite or on school grounds).
Volunteers must consent to an expanded criminal history check by completing Form 8120B. Once completed, please print and return the form to your school.
If you need additional information, please contact your school.