Washington Township Schools continues our collaboration with IU Health for placement and support of school nurses in the elementary and middle schools. The school health offices in these schools are staffed with either a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN) and supervised by an IU Health RN Manager and Washington Township Coordinator of Health Services. In addition, the District employs a Supervisor of Health Services.
The role of the school nurse is to provide first-aid for minor illnesses and injuries for students and staff. They monitor medication administration and maintain documentation for clinical records. They do not act in place of a physician or health care facility.
The Lions Club will function in a collaborative role with school personnel to carry out the state mandated vision screenings for grades 1, 3, 5, and 8. In addition, Washington Township Speech and Language Pathologists will conduct the state mandated hearing screenings for grades 1, 4, 7, and 10. The nurses in the building will continue to complete any needed follow-up with parents/guardians related to these screenings. Parents are responsible for notifying the school in writing if their child has an exemption, such as religious beliefs.
- Revoke Permission for CHIRP Data Transfer Form | Revocar el Permiso Español
- 2022-23 School Immunization Requirements (Indiana State Department of Health) | 2022-23 Vacunas Escolares Requeridas y Recomendadas
- Nursing Services/Immunization Clinic Schedule | Servicios de Enfermeria/Horario de la Clinica de Vacunacion
- What vaccines do students need? Education Letter for Grade 6 Enrollment | Que vacunas necesita mi hijo/a?
- 2020-21 Hepatitis A Requirement
- Vaccine Medical Exemption (State Form 54648)
- Religious Exemption Form
Medication Authorization Forms
- Authorization for Prescribed Medication or Treatment | Autorizacion Para Medicamentos O Tratamientos Recetados
- Authorization for Non-Prescribed Medication or Treatment | Autorización Para Medicamentos O Tratamientos Sin Receta Médica
- Authorization for Prescribed Self-Administration or Possession of Medication | Autorización Para La Autoadministración Y/o La Tenencia De Medicamentos Con Receta Médica
IU Health School Nurses
Eastwood Middle School
North Central High School
Health Center PH: 317-254-5543 | Fax: 317-259-5369
Coordinator of Health Services/RN Manager, IU Health Business Solutions
Sandie Dyke, RN-BSN
PH: 317-259-5265 ext. 44088
Supervisor of Health Science Programs and Services (MSDWT)
Nicole Cooper, LDH BS
PH: 317-259-5265 ext. 44017
J. Everett Light Career Center | 1901 East 86th St, 46240