Summary of Benefit Offering for All Eligible Employees
- Certified Staff
- Child Nutrition Hourly Staff
- Classified Staff (including full-time Bus Drivers)
- Bus Drivers (part-time)
Health Savings Account Information
Group #716955 Website: www.myuhc.com
UHC Customer Service: 800-981-6731
- Certified Cost
- Classified Cost
- Part-Time Drivers Cost
- Retiree Cost
- Side by Side Overview of the 2 Health Plans
- Virtual Visits
- 2020 Health Insurance Benefits Guide
- Choice 1 ($1500 Deductible) Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- Choice 1 ($1500 Deductible) Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Choice 2 ($3000 Deductible, HSA Eligible) Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- Choice 2 ($3000 Deductible, HSA Eligible Plan) Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
TrueScripts Member Care Team: 844-257-1955
Delta Dental – Delta Preferred Option (DPO)
Group # 70030001
Sun Life Financial - Group Term Life Insurance/Supplemental Life Ins
Group #925411 Basic Life/AD&D (value of policy is determined by employee class)
- Certificate of Insurance Group Term Life
- Administrators & Classified Supervisors
- Asst HS Principals, Asst Directors, Certified Coordinators
- Asst Superintendent & Chief Business Officer
- Bus Drivers - Part-time
- Cabinet Members
- Child Nutrition - Hourly Staff
- Classified Staff
- Principals & Other Directors
- School Board Members
- Teachers - Full-time
- Teachers - Part-time (15-34 hrs per week)
- Teachers - Part-time (10-14 hrs per week)
Health Care Reform Information
When key parts of the health care law took effect in 2014, it introduced a new way to buy health insurance: the Health Insurance Marketplace. To assist you as you evaluate options for you and your family, the following notice provides some basic information about the Marketplace and employment based health coverage offered by the district:
For more information about your coverage offered by the district, please check your summary plan description or contact Deb Wolfe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Lisa Sailor, Aflac Representative
Phone: 317 829 3923 x31
- Section 125
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Day Care
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance (includes cancer)
- Hospitalization Insurance
Sun Life Financial - Short-Term Disability
Trustmark Insurance - Universal Life
Confidential Counseling Service
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling service that focuses on solving personal problems that may affect your work and your life. Available to all employees of MSDWT, the program provides the employee, their spouse, and their children under age 26 with 6 free counseling sessions per person, each calendar year. Call IU Health @ (317) 962-8001
- AT&T: If you do not have a work, government, or student email address, a sales representative at an AT&T retail store can assist you with enrollment. Be sure to bring proof of employment (a work or student ID badge, a pay stub, or a copy of a W-2 form). The sales representative will validate your proof of employment and give you a Discount Enrollment Form.
- Verizon Wireless: Based on your MSDWT email address, you could save on Verizon Wireless products and services through the MSD Washington Township Employee Program, which offers the following discounts:
- Up to 15% off the monthly access fee on qualifying voice plans of $34.99 or higher
- Up to 25% off of accessories
Please Note: We are NOT having an open enrollment for dental or vision.
Federal law requires that MSD Washington Township provide every eligible employee an annual opportunity to elect coverage under our health plan. We must have a written record that the employee was offered the opportunity to enroll themselves, their spouse, and their dependent children.
The law is designed so that every year eligible employees have the opportunity to explore their options for healthcare coverage either by enrolling in their employer’s plan or by purchasing coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicare, or one of the State’s various assistance plans.
To comply with the law, our annual open enrollment for our health insurance plans will be November 1 through November 15, 2019. You must complete the enrollment process even if you are declining coverage for yourself or an eligible family member.
We are pleased to announce that employees may choose to cover their spouse and dependent children effective January 1, 2020. Dependent children may remain on the plan through the end of the calendar year of their 25th birthday.
To add your spouse and/or child(ren) to your existing vision plan, you must complete the enrollment process (November 1 through November 15, 2019). Coverage for family members you add to your plan will be effective January 1, 2020.
Please Note: This is NOT an open enrollment for employees to join the vision plan. If the employee is not currently covered by the vision plan, they may only enroll within 31 days of a qualifying life event.
This will be an "active enrollment" using our new online enrollment process with Steele Benefits. The process will allow you to confirm your existing benefits, make any permitted changes, consider enrolling in any new benefits you may be eligible for, and update your beneficiary information for your life insurance. Every eligible employee must complete the online enrollment by November 15, 2019.