FAQ Banner
How many School Resource Officers are there in the MSDWT?
There are five School Resource Officers (SROs); two are assigned to North Central High School and there is one officer for each middle school. They are assisted by officers of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Marion County Sheriff’s Office as well as other law enforcement agencies on a part-time basis.
Are School Resource Officers police or security guards?
School Resource Officers employed in the MSDWT are authorized under Indiana Code 20- 26-18.2-1. SROs of the MSDWT are also either reserve police officers or special deputies with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and Marion County Sheriff’s Office. They have the same police authority granted under Indiana law as all police officers. All SROs of the MSDWT report to the Coordinator of Safety and Security.
Who handles traffic in and around the MSDWT schools?
Andy Frain Services, Inc. is contracted to provide professionally trained traffic officers for all of the schools of the MSDWT, during normal school hours and for special events.
How do I report an incident or make a police report?
During school hours, you can contact any of the School Resource Officers at North Central, Northview, Westlane, or Eastwood at their particular school. After hours, you can call (317) 205-3391. The call will then be given to an officer who will respond to the matter. If the incident involves an emergency, call 9-1-1. For all other non-emergency reports, you can call (317) 327-3811 to speak to a Public Assistance Officer of the IMPD.
How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
Copies of police case (incident) reports made in Marion County can be obtained through the Citizens’ Service Desk in Suite E100 of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Headquarters, located at 50 N. Alabama St., Indianapolis, Indiana, Phone (317) 327-3155. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8A to 4P. The cost of a police report is $.04 per page. Police case reports are also available online at http://www.indygov.biz
How can I obtain a copy of a police report involving a car accident?
The officer who responds to a crash can provide information on how you can obtain a copy of the report. Indiana crash reports are available through http://www.buycrash.com (a hard copy of the report can also be obtained from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department in the same way incident reports can be obtained).
What if I see suspicious activity in or around a school bus stop?
If there is an immediate threat or danger, call 9-1-1. To report other activity, you can call (317) 205-3391, or use the https://msdwt-in.safeschoolsalert.com to make an anonymous report or tip.
What if I have information regarding bullying, harassment, or intimidation?
An incident or tip can be reported to https://msdwt-in.safeschoolsalert.com