New NCHS Head Football Coach Named

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Ellen Rogers

Community Relations Coordinator, MSDWT

Email: errogers@msdwt.k12.in.us

INDIANAPOLIS, IN (December 14, 2022) – The Washington Township School Board voted tonight to approve a new head football coach for the North Central Panthers. Derek Hart will leave Kankakee High School in Illinois with a record of 34-8 in four seasons as head coach, which marks the highest winning percentage in school history. Hart led the program to its first-ever state football championship game in November 2021.

“North Central is back home for me and the transition is best for me and my family,” said Hart. “I will get a chance to compete against my high school alma mater and compete in one of the toughest conferences in the Midwest. It’s an exciting opportunity.”

As a player, Hart won two state titles, one at F.J. Reitz High School in Evansville and one at Warren Central High School in Indianapolis. In college, Hart played at Indiana State.

His professional coaching posts include:

Offensive coordinator at Huntly High School in Huntley Illinois 2013-2015

Head coach at Edwards County High School in Albion, IL 2015

Associate Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator Brownsburg High School 2016-2018

• 26-6 record during his time at Brownsburg

Head Football Coach Kankakee High School in Kankakee Illinois

• 34-8 record as Kankakee’s head coach

Derek’s father John Hart is a 39-year veteran head coach with an overall record of 326-99.

His older brother Nick Hart is a 12-year veteran head coach with a record of 115-21

“I would like to welcome new head football coach Derek Hart to the North Central community,” said North Central Director of Athletics, Andy Elkins. “He is a proven winner as a player and a head coach. He established a feeder system at Kankakee High School from the ground up, which helped to solidify a winning program at the high school. I look forward to working with him and his staff to continue this winning tradition at North Central.”

Coach Derek Hart, NCHS Head Football Coach