As our Kindergarten friends are among our youngest students and are new to the school bus, we take extra precautions to ensure their safety at school bus stops. We hope you have worked out arrangements to have an adult meet your kindergarten child each day at the afternoon bus stop.
- All kindergarten students must be met by a parent/guardian or a designated person.
- An older sibling may be permitted with a signed and dated note from the parent/guardian.
- If a bus driver finds that a parent/guardian is not present and awaiting the safe delivery of their kindergarten child, the child will remain on the bus under the supervision of the bus driver.
- Upon finishing their route, bus drivers will take kindergarten students back to their home school, and the parent/guardian will be contacted to reunite them with the student.
This procedure is considered the safest approach, but it comes at an added cost to the school district in both time and money and cannot be allowed to happen multiple times without consequence.
- First offense will result in a letter to the parent/guardian advising them of the safety concern and of the consequences for a repeat offense.
- Second offense will result in a suspension of bus privileges for a period of three days.
- Third offense will result in the student being removed from the bus for the remainder of the school year.