Q & A With Superintendent Woodson

This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant

Q & A with Superintendent Woodson

Q: How long have you been in Washington Township Schools?

A: This past August I celebrated my 10th opening of schools in Washington Township!

Dr. Woodson Headshot
Supt. Dr. Nikki Woodson

Q:  What do you love most about Washington Township?

A:  Not only am I a proud Superintendent, but I am also a proud resident and parent in Washington Township. I have two students who have attended Washington Township for Preschool, Elementary School and now at Westlane for Middle School.  The three hats of administration, parent and resident in Washington Township allow me to appreciate the diversity in our community.  Additionally, I really appreciate our incredible staff who help students in our schools daily and also the community that continues to support teaching and learning in our district.

Q:  What is your favorite part of your job?

A:  I love interacting with students and engaging in the teaching and learning process.  Everything I do has a direct support to teaching and learning through oversight of the Operations Division, Teaching and Learning Division, Human Resources Division and Business Services Division.

Q:  What do you do for fun in your spare time?

A:  I love to create and enjoy spending time doing crafts, paintings, etc. in my spare time with my family.  Additionally, I love learning about others through traveling and having new experiences.

Q:  What is a book you have read recently or currently reading?

A:  I am a huge fan of author Ron Chernow and have previously read “Hamilton” and “Washington”.  Currently I am in the thick of reading his latest biography “Grant”.  This is literally a huge read as it is over 1,000 pages!

Q:  How can the community contact you?

A:  I welcome open communications with our WT community and can be reached at nwoodson@msdwt.k12.in.us or 317-205-3332.

For more information about Dr. Woodson please visit       https://www.msdwt.k12.in.us/superintendent/